Announcing WalkSafe 2013!
At United Heartland, we take a proactive approach to teaching customers about workplace safety. This is especially important during the winter months, when weather plays a large role in slip and fall injuries.
With that in mind, we’ve launched our WalkSafe campaign for the third year in a row. All winter long, you can visit our website to access an entire library of materials that provide guidance on weather-related safety. We cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Preparing for winter weather
- Winter weather advisories and employee communication systems
- Snow and ice removal programs
- Safe vehicle operation and working off-premises
- Salting and surface treatments
- The importance of wearing proper footwear
- The importance of strong housekeeping practices
- Falls from elevations
This year we’ve also added a series of materials specific to health care for our customers in this industry! For each topic, you will find useful reading material and tools, as well as posters to print and post in the workplace, reminding employees of the importance of staying safe this winter.
As we kick things off, we would like to call attention to one of the campaign topics especially important now: preparing your organization for winter.
This topic helps you think about how best to prepare your business for the winter season, including:
- Reviewing snow removal procedures
- Tuning up snow blowers and other equipment
- Hiring a snow removal and surface treatment contractor
- Updating weather advisory alert systems
- Obtaining entryway mats and housekeeping supplies
We are also happy to announce a webinar on the topic of winter STF prevention, taking place at 1:30 p.m. CST on Tuesday, Dec. 10. To register for this informative session, please click here. You will receive a confirmation email, which will include instructions for logging in on the day of the event.
Want to know more? Visit the WalkSafe website today! And if you’re a United Heartland customer, contact your loss control representative with questions.
If you’re not a customer, click here to find a UH agent near you!