New Safety Webinars Bring Added Value to United Heartland Loss Control Services
We are excited to announce a new resource for our customers. Beginning Jan. 29 and continuing on a monthly basis, UH is offering webinars on safety and workers’ compensation topics. We’ll cover common workplace issues and provide best practices customers can implement to reduce workplace injuries.
Our first session, which will be held at 1 p.m. CST Tuesday, Jan. 29, will cover OSHA’s revised hazard communication requirements that take effect this year. As background, in 2012 OSHA updated the hazard communication standard so it would align with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). Some of the changes of the new standard include:
- All employees must be retrained.
- Safety data sheets will replace material safety data sheets (MSDS), providing a uniform format.
- New labels and pictograms will be used.
- Health and physical hazard warnings will be standardized.
The webinar will provide information on the new requirements, compliance dates and changes that need to be made to hazard communication programs to be in compliance.
As space is limited, you must pre-register to participate. To do so, click here.
The schedule of upcoming monthly topics for 2013 is as follows:
- February: OSHA recordkeeping
- March: OSHA written program requirements
- April: OSHA training program requirements
- May: Wellness programs and the impact to workers’ compensation
- June: Preparing for an OSHA inspection
- July: Workplace violence
- August: Distracted driving
- September: Accident investigations
- October: Post-employment offer testing
- November: Reducing slips and falls
- December: Workers’ compensation 101
You’ll find information on these upcoming webinars, including a link to register, in Risk Connection each month.
Want to know more? If you’re not a customer, click here to find a UH agent near you!