Start School Year Safely with ‘Tools for Schools’
August and September mark back-to-school season for students as well as teachers, administrators and other school employees. While the focus is often on preparing classrooms for the return of students, steps should also be taken to ensure school employees are returning to safe and healthy workplaces.
To help school administrators and staff accomplish this task, United Heartland has created “Tools for Schools,” a safety and health resource for K-12 public and private school district employees. The 44-page document provides information for administration officials including:
- 10 steps to reduce workers’ compensation costs
- 10 key elements for a successful safety process
- Accident investigation and reporting information
- Information on return to work programs.
This resource also provides information for school personnel including:
- Food safety
- How to prevent muscle and back strains
- Transportation safety
- Maintenance, groundskeeping and custodial safety
- Safety and housekeeping inspections
- Dealing with bloodborne pathogens
- Handing an active shooter situation
- Back injury prevention
“Tools for Schools” is available exclusively to United Heartland customers. To receive a digital or print copy of this valuable resource, please contact your United Heartland Loss Control representative. To learn more about United Heartland, call 1-800-258-2667. Or to find a United Heartland agent near you, click here.