Prepare Your Organization for Winter
We’ve all witnessed the effects Mother Nature can have every season of the year. As we look ahead to the winter, now is the time to prepare your employees for the threats posed by colder temperatures and frozen precipitation. Slips, trips and falls are extremely prevalent when winter weather takes hold, and we want to help avoid these injuries through information and preparation.
We encourage you to think about how best to prepare your business for the winter season. There are a variety of things to think about before the first snowfall, including:
- Ensuring you have access to weather advisory alert systems
- Tuning up snow blowers and other snow removal equipment
- Hiring a snow removal contractor
- Having a plan in place when off-premise work is necessary
- Maintaining a supply of salt and other ice melters
- Obtaining proper footwear for the winter season
- Putting entryway mats and housekeeping supplies in place
Browse our library materials below and the sections on the right for more information.