Collaborating for Safety
A safety committee is an effective way to bring employees and management together to achieve and maintain a safe and healthy workplace. Some states even mandate that employers establish and administer a safety committee, or hold safety meetings, to communicate and evaluate safety and health issues.
Safety committees can help your workplace:
- Identify problems and recommend solutions through conversations with workers.
- Advise management and teams on safety matters pertaining to the organization’s operations.
- Develop policies and programs to mitigate hazards unique to your workplace.
- Improve communication with leadership about safety concerns and operational issues.
- Reinforce management’s commitment to employee safety.
- Reduce inefficiencies and decrease injuries by implementing better work practices.
- Increase employee safety awareness and knowledge.
- Promote positive safety culture.
Visit UnitedHeartland.com/SafetyCommittee to access plans and tools to help you organize your safety committee, assign responsibilities and hold effective meetings.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: