The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention recently launched their sunburn safety campaign “Don’t Fry Day.” The purpose of the campaign is to highlight the importance of outdoor safety awareness and provide measures to protect the skin from overexposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Follow these healthy skin care tips:
- Apply an FDA-approved water-resistant broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher at least 20 minutes before going outside — remember to apply sunscreen to scalp, ears, neck, nose and lips
- Reapply sunscreen at least every two hours
- Wear sun protective clothing, a wide-brimmed hat and UV blocking sunglasses
- Take breaks in the shade
- Remain out of the sun during peak hours
- Stay hydrated
- Be aware of the symptoms of heat illness
- If sunburned, follow these tips from the Skin Cancer Foundation on sunburn treatment and relief and when to see a doctor
- Perform regular skin checks and know the signs of skin cancer
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: