Monterey Mills –Team Identifies Manual Material Handling Loss Leaders
Search the Library
July 8, 2016
Janesville, Wis.-based Monterey Mills realized they needed to improve some of their manual material handling exposures. Our UH Loss Control experts recommended creating an Ergonomics Team to identify high-hazard areas and develop engineering controls to reduce these exposures.
This process included:
- Identifying key members of the team.
- Training the team on ergonomics and the ways to control hazards, such as through administrative controls and personal protective equipment.
- Identifying and prioritizing high-hazard areas.
- Videotaping jobs and reviewing them as a group to discuss possible solutions.
- Implementing and testing recommended solutions.
- Reviewing progress during scheduled Ergonomics Team meetings and repeating the process for any newly identified exposures.
While the process took time to establish, Monterey Mills’ Ergo Team is now a self-sufficient group that regularly updates us on their projects, utilizes our United Heartland experts as a sounding board for ideas and has achieved many successes for the benefit of employees.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: