During the summer months, departments of public works across the nation will add seasonal staff to help with the completion of various projects needed within their communities.
A few tips to consider:
- Based on the job duties and potential hazards, ensure employees have the proper knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Depending on experience levels, offer or require training/coaching.
- Be mindful of state regulations for hiring seasonal and youth employees.
- Create and maintain a project board to help keep supervisors in the know on upcoming jobs. Visibility into upcoming projects helps leaders verify they have the proper equipment and employee training
Perform daily safety briefings to cover:
- Daily job tasks
- Potential hazards
- Safe work practices
- Proper use of tools, equipment and PPE
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: