Topic Overview: Safe Patient Handling and Mobility
Search the Library
It’s important to have a written safe patient handling and mobility (SPHM) program in place to help protect your employees from serious injury. It’s even more critical to put the program into practice every day. This short video highlights the importance of a comprehensive safe patient handling and mobility program in providing a safe environment for your employees and their patients.
For access to the complete SPHM educational video series and other useful resources, please contact your dedicated United Heartland loss control consultant.
We encourage you to review the UH safe patient handling and mobility resources covering topics such as:
- How United Heartland can improve your SPHM program
- The importance of creating transfer observation systems
- How to accurately assess transfer equipment needs
- Understanding the American Nurses Association’s SPHM standards
- How to overcome resistance and barriers to implementation of SPHM programs
- Informative posters demonstrating proper lift and transfer techniques
- Special materials for individuals safely handling children in child care, social services or school settings
United Heartland is committed to helping our customers keep their employees safe on the job through dedicated, expert loss control service. Please contact your loss control representative or call us at 800-258-2667 for more information.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form:
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Service Overview
- Client Training Resources for Health Care and Social Services
- Client Training Resources: Schools and Universities
- Friction Reducing Devices Poster
- Safe Lifting and Handling Tips: Child Care Facilities
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Standard Operating Procedure Tip Sheets
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Sample Assessment
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Gait Belt Transfer Poster
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Guide to Improving Your SPHM Program
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Lateral Transfer Poster
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Mechanical Lifts 1 Poster
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Mechanical Lifts 2 Poster
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Transfer Observation Checklist