Safety-Related Interview Questions
Search the Library
Facilitate Safety Dialog During Interviews
When establishing sound hiring practices, it’s important the interview process includes safety-related questions to get a feel for job candidates and their attention to safety. These questions are designed to help potential candidates understand that safety is taken seriously in your workplace. The questions also help facilitate open dialogue with the candidate about their own safety history and behavior.
- Have you ever been in a situation where you identified a job site safety hazard? How did you handle the situation?
- Have you ever had the opportunity to initiate a new safety procedure? Tell us about it and what you learned from the process.
- What types of injuries do you think are common in this industry? Provide us with an example of how you would prioritize safety on the job.
- Our workplace has a strong safety culture. Do you like to participate in workplace safety activities, such as training, inspections and documentation?
- Do you feel all workplace injuries are preventable? Please explain.
- What types of injuries do you think are common in this industry?
- How would you recommend employers in our industry prevent these types of injuries?
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: