Topic Overview: Safe Patient Handling and Mobility
Search the Library
Safe Patient Handling & Mobility Safety Campaign
It’s important to have a written safe patient handling and mobility (SPHM) program in place to help protect your employees from serious injury. It’s even more critical to put the program into practice every day. This short video highlights the importance of a comprehensive safe patient handling and mobility program in providing a safe environment for your employees and their patients.
We encourage you to review the UH safe patient handling and mobility resources covering topics such as:
- How United Heartland can improve your SPHM program
- The importance of creating transfer observation systems
- How to accurately assess transfer equipment needs
- Understanding the American Nurses Association’s SPHM standards
- How to overcome resistance and barriers to implementation of SPHM programs
- Informative posters demonstrating proper lift and transfer techniques
- Special materials for individuals safely handling children in childcare, social services or school settings
United Heartland is committed to helping our customers keep their employees safe on the job through dedicated, expert loss control service. Please contact your loss control representative or call us at 1-800-258-2667 for more information.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: