Conducting a Successful SafetyTalk
The team at United Heartland developed a series of discussion guides called SafetyTalks. These resources are intended to help guide conversations about common risk hazards in the workplace. Meeting with employees on a regular basis to review and discuss safety hazards and risks is an important part of an organization’s safety culture.
Help make meetings more effective by remembering and following these simple rules:
- Recognize differences in participants’ backgrounds, knowledge and abilities
- Understand and communicate training objectives
- Lead by listening and allowing participants to take an active role in learning
- Experiences – tie in real-life examples and experiences relating to the topic
- Summarize takeaways from the meeting to reinforce learning and for future follow-ups
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: