WalkSafe: Don’t Let Winter Catch You Off Guard!
Search the Library
Don’t Let Winter Catch You Off Guard!
Slips, trips and falls are prevalent when winter weather takes hold — and preparation is the first step in reducing the risk. Before the first snowfall, consider the following:
- Ensure you have access to weather advisory alert systems.
- Tune-up snow blowers and other snow removal equipment.
- Consider hiring a snow removal contractor.
- Make a plan for when off-premise work is necessary.
- Maintain a supply of salt, sand and/or other ice melters.
- Obtain proper footwear (boots, ice cleats, indoor shoes).
- Post slip/trip/fall advisories around the building.
- Ensure entryway mats and housekeeping supplies are on the ready.
For more tips, tools and information, contact your dedicated United Heartland loss control representative, or visit our Resource Library.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: