WalkSAFE this Season
Winter slips and falls are one of the leading causes of workplace injuries and a major contributor to workers’ compensation costs. Over the next few months, we’ll share information to help keep your team on their feet this winter — starting first with a few important tips as you prepare for the snowy months ahead.
Preparing for Winter Weather
- Get ready now. Check out our Resource Library for information on snow and ice removal, proper footwear and housekeeping.
- Know your news. Identify which local TV and radio stations provide the most comprehensive winter weather information.
- Make sure your weather app is up to date on your smartphone, or search for a new app with the comprehensive information you seek.
- Don’t let ice and snow surprise you. Snow and ice can arrive at any time during the winter season. Make sure written procedures are in place now to remove winter precipitation from parking lots, walkways and steps.
- Tell others. See a slick spot? Notify those in your organization who can help eliminate the hazard.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: